Chilton, Wisconsin

Chilton Housing Authority


A non-profit government agency whose responsibility is the ownership and operation of subsidized housing offering decent, safe and affordable rentals for income eligible individuals and families.

The Chilton Housing Authority office is located in our Stanton Place building at 312 Bonk Street, Chilton WI 53014.


Office hours:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday


Phone:            (920)849-7042

Fax:                 (920)849-2226 




Stanton Place

A 32 unit single story secured building featuring one-bedroom apartments for independent living of one to two people. Three units are designed to meet the needs of the physically disabled. All units include call aid devices, walk-in showers, electric stove, frost-free refrigerator, and an air conditioner sleeve. Heat, water, and sewer are included. Tenants receive an electric utility allowance. The building includes a lobby with indoor mailboxes, a large community room with a kitchen for special gatherings, and two coin-operated laundry facilities.


Family Units

Twelve family units are scattered throughout the city of Chilton located on Court Street, Steenport Lane, and Spring Street. All units feature three-bedrooms, 1.5 baths, a living room, kitchen with electric stove, refrigerator, and a laundry room hook-up ready for tenant owned washer and dryer. Families receive a utility allowance and are responsible for heat, electric, water, and sewer.



Public housing was established to provide decent and safe rental housing for eligible low-income families, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.  Public housing comes in all sizes and types, from scattered single family houses to high-rise apartments. There are approximately 1.2 million households living in public housing units throughout the country.  The U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) administers Federal aid and provides technical and professional assistance to local housing agencies that manage low income housing units. 


WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR RESIDENCY? Public housing is limited to low-income families and individuals. Eligibility is based on 1) annual gross income; 2) whether you qualify as elderly, a person with a disability, or as a family; and 3)U.S. citizenship or eligible immigration status.  Income levels can be obtained from our office.



Rent is determined based on the individual or family’s anticipated gross annual income less qualifying deductions such as dependents, elderly status, disability, and some medical deductions.



Applications can be downloaded from the Chilton Housing Authority website, picked up at the office, emailed or mailed to you.

Board Meetings
Board of Commissioners meet every second Wednesday of the month at 8:00 am at Stanton Place.
HOME | CITY GOVERNMENT | City Departments | Quotes - BIDS - Equipment For Sale | Residents | Events | Municipal Codes | Chilton Public Library | Jobs Available | Contact Us | Disclaimer | FAQ | Chilton Housing Authority
Printer-friendly Version